Thursday, July 16, 2009

Ladies Night...

So after classes on Wednesday Tema and I attempted to go see the castle (Castille de Santa Barbara). The only thing was, it was really really really hot, and we had to walk up a giant hill. Or more like a mini mountain. Our prof had told us of an elevator that can take you up to the castle, so we attempted to find it. We did find it, but it was closed due to construction. And so we began our ascent. However, it was way hot and it was painful and neither of us were wearing the proper shoes for such an adventure (since we planned on going to the playa afterwards, we wore our flip flops; not such a good idea). And so we decided to take a taxi the rest of the way up. Once there, we were greeted with the most magnificent view of Alicante. You could see practically all of it: all the buildings, the ports, the beaches, the surrounding mountains. The Castle itself wasn't much to see. It is undergoing major restoration so what was left to see was the outside of the walls and buildings which was pretty plain. The only worthwhile thing was the view from uptop.

After taking a short break from the heat in the shade, we began walking down the mini mountain. It was quite...interesting. There was no sidewalk half the time so we were in danger of getting run over. Either way, we finally made it to the beach. I didn't even bother tanning. I put my stuff down and ran into the water. I must have stayed in the water for over an hour. It was such a nice day with little waves and the sun was beating down on me, that the water felt wonderful; I couldn't leave it. After that we headed home and I helped Tema go the the post office and send a box home. She put lots of clothing in it since it wouldn't fit in her suite case.

Afterwards we had dinner (gazpacho con pizza y bocadillos y pizza y helado....) and got ready for our last night out. We can't go out Thursday night since we have to study for our exam on Friday and pack our stuff for our departure, so we decided to have fun Wednesday night. First we helped Lauren shop for some stuff for her boyfriend's family (not me Lauren, another Lauren...so confusing). Afterwards Tema and I watched our chicas eat helado (we watched and didn't have any because our dinner was so big..). Then we headed to this place called Havana where it was ladies and had free margaritas for the ladies. They were really good. Then we danced at Carpe Diem, then we danced at Mulligans, then we went back to Havana and danced some more! We really wanted to dance, as you can tell. But after 3 or 4 hours of it we were pooped. Remember, three of the four girls have morning classes! And so, we all parted ways and went home to pass out.

Thursday (today) was my last day of real class. Martin (the only guy in the class) didn't come, so it was just the girls. It was funny because we talked a lot about love and relationships. As one excerise we had to write love letters. I "wrote" one to my novio...its pretty funny. I think I'll send it to him later.

Tomorrow we have our exam in the morning and then we're done! That's right, my time here in Alicante is reaching its end, as well as my time in Spain. My classes are done, and I'm almost done with the course. Its a strange feelings, because I feel like I just got the Madrid the other day. But, I will make my last days here awesome! Friday night we are having a reunion of all the friends from Madrid as a goodbye kind of thing. I am excited to see all the people that I have met since being in Spain, including the people from CMU. They have all been wonderful!

Well, I'm off to go to el Corte Ingles with Tema (she needs a towel) and then home to study and pack and sleep.

Hasta maƱana chicos!

No comments:

Post a Comment